Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lasagna, Weeds, and Water

Karlie had her first helping of Lasagna last week, and you can tell by the picture that she loved it! Her expression is cute in this picture. She is so funny with food, and almost hyperventilates before, during, and after her meals because she is so excited! We'll see if she is still like this even when she turns 2! She was about finished and we caught her look down at her hand, turn it over, and stick the whole thing in her mouth to lick off the sauce! HAHA! She's funny!

This goes to show you how much my mom and dad love me. I decided to do a garden totally on my own as Jared's words were, "I'm not helping." Or something like that. Let's just say I'm in debate whether or not to do it again next year. So on the hottest day of the year in the middle of the afternoon this is where my parents were...outside weeding it for me. I did go out and help too, while Jared and Karlie sat in the chair in the shade. If you look close enough most of the tallest green stuff is weeds. They were REALLY bad. A few days later, I was able to convince Jared to help me finish, we'll see how it turns out. His words that day were, "Isn't there like some cantaloupe or something? I don't want to pull them out!" HA!

Lastly, we've been spending some time in our make-shift pool. We turned the hot tub down to pool temperature and it is really nice and refreshing. Karlie loves to kick, and splash her feet. Yesterday, she got the hang of the lounge part and found the headrest. She was loving to lay back and kick her feet out in front of her. She loves to swim and is not afraid to stick her whole face right in the water.

2 comments:

Shaun&jennifer said...

We have tried to do a garden for the past 2 years, I have now decided it is only for old people...they have the time...good luck, ours drowned with all the rain this spring.

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

That's the only bad part about a garden.. the weeds!!! We got a garden weasel (have you seen those on info mercials? lol)
Karlie is so cute!! It's fun to feed babies when they like to eat and like food!! Andy was that way!