Thursday, February 28, 2008

Funny Story

Here is a funny story but it may have been one of those where you just had to have been there. Last Saturday I took Maggs to the track at the school by our house for a walk. The school is nice because for the most part it's all fenced in so she can run and frolic. We had done about 2 laps and she was getting more comfortable getting further and further away from me. Then all of sudden she took off as fast as she could (in Lane 1) and ran (as fast as she could) around the whole track (in Lane 1) until she got back to me. I think she takes after Uncle Brick, it was seriously like she was in a track meet. Then by the time she finally got back to me she looked at me like, "What's taking you so long?" I wish I would have had our camera to film a video to post but it was hilarious...and if you've never seen a weiner dog sprint it's quite entertaining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmcpCsy53o

Here is some St. Patrick's Day History to welcome March - I love this kind of stuff...
St. Patrick's Day honors St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. We celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 17. Americans march in parades, dance the Irish jig and gather to sing Irish songs. People wear green in memory of Ireland, the Emerald Isle and wear shamrocks, clover with three leaves.March 17 was not the day St. Patrick was born but the day he died. Even though we don't know the date of his birth, most scholars believe the year was 385 AD and the year of his death was 461 AD.
St. Patrick was born in Wales, studied religion to become a priest and then went to Ireland to teach the people about God. There are many wonderful stories about St. Patrick, some true and some not true. The most famous legend is that he drove the snakes out of Ireland. This did not happen but the Irish will tell you that you cannot find a snake throughout the whole country of Ireland

3 comments:

The Turnarounds said...

Sounds like Maggie is quite the character. We look forward to seeing her when we get back.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about Maggie. How funny to have her go wild at the track! And I love the St. Patty's Day trivia. I miss not being there for Work First (like when we read it to them) because none of the participants liked it! Ha ha!

Brick said...

Can't wait to race Maggie myself! Sounds like you are having fun with her. Our neighbor has a black weiner dog named Buster that Sage loves. She'll go nuts over Maggie.