Friday, October 3, 2008

My job just got a whole lot easier!

I'm sure every mommy and mommy-to-be has had a lot of thoughts similar to mine and just wonder, "What on earth will I dress her in when she gets here?" Well my job just got a whole lot easier thanks to the love of my family, friends, and co-workers!! I don't have to worry at all any more, they've helped solve my problems...and now I'm thinking, "I'll just dress her in the same thing everyday until she's 6 months old...I really do wonder now how many pair of purple pants does our baby need??
All joking aside I've really had a hard time with this post for real because I've had some of the most overwhelming feelings the last few weeks with all of the wonderful gifts and showers and love that everyone has shown to us. Mainly because I don't deserve it all, but also I'm not one to be comfortable in a large crowd with so many faces staring at me, let alone giving me stuff. I can't express my gratitute enough for my wonderful family, friends, and co-workers, I really feel that I'm so blessed and so lucky! Here are a few pictures of our latest baby...shower...and...adventures:
High School Friends
Presents, Presents, Presents!!!!
You'll notice my aunt with big rain drops in the one picture...just as everyone arrived it started "showering" but it was more like POURING down rain. It was so fun!
Blankies

Blankies

Blankies
These are the best because of all the time invested and they are all adorable

Working for an Equal Opportunity Employer allows for men at a baby shower...I was so excited that Jared talked his boss into letting him off for an hour to come be with me; we had a fiesta complete with Quesidillas...YUM!

Thanks to Tiff and Brandy for planning the whole event, I'm lucky to get to share cubicle walls with both of these gals and they are great! We actually, on occasion, get some work done!

And no party is complete without pink cupcakes and baby bottles on top! They were so delicious!

5 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

So fun! I really wish I could have been at your baby shower. We (me, you, Jess) all need to plan better next time and not be pregnant or have newborns at same time...that way we can enjoy each other having babies! Anyway, so exciting. Look like you're ready! Can't wait to see you guys and meet her. What is the status of the name decision?!?

Alison said...

I loved being at your shower! It was so nice to see you and Jess and your mom and grandma and everyone that we just haven't seen forever. And you are definitely ready for that baby now with all your loot! So fun!!! It's nice to get spoiled like that every now and then, you deserve it! Good luck with the next couple weeks. We can't wait to see pictures of your sweet new baby!

Paul said...

I am thinking Paulina sounds pretty good. Paulina Roweena Turner! nice! Good luck with the upcoming weeks. We hope you're feeling well! We're excited to see pictures of Paulina Roweena!

Sarah J said...

jill! i am so excited to see your baby! when are you going to have her?! pretty soon isn't it?!?! ahh! how fun!!! you are sooo cute jill! you'll be such a great mom! your shower was so fun! you got tons of dang cute stuff! i just got a blog so we have to keep in touch!

Christy said...

Hey Jill and Jared! How are you guys!? I saw your blog and I had to say hi! Looks like you are doing great and getting ready for that cute litte girl of yours to arrive soon! I am glad you had such a great baby shower! She will looks so pretty in purple! Our blog is private but if you would like an invite you can email me at Christyeve2001@hotmail.com and I will send you one!