Sunday, November 16, 2008

In a Month

It's amazing how much a newborn changes in just 1 month. We really are very blessed and feel like the luckiest parents with such a good baby, and the cutest one on earth! A few things I have learned in the past month:
1. It's okay to have a messy house and have lots of laundry to do all the time
2. Things like plucking my eyebrows seem pretty insignificant
3. It's harder for me to get woken up in the middle of the night than I had ever thought
4. Being a mom really is the best job ever
5. Having a husband/daddy that runs to you and your baby at even the tiniest whimper is nice to have around and a BIG help
6. Our little Karlie is extra special
7. It's okay to LOVE a lot
8. Naps are great but sometimes not all that they're cracked up to be
9. Nursing is hard for some moms and babies
10. Bath time is WAY fun
11. Baby bums are super tiny and cute
12. I'm more blessed than I thought

13. I wouldn't trade my experiences for ANYTHING
14. It's fun to have visitors
15. It's easier and fun to go places with a newborn than I thought it would be

16. Babies are really smart recognizing music and their moms voice...and probably their dad too :)

14 comments:

Sarah J said...

wow oh my gosh jill and jared! your baby is the most beautiful baby i have ever seen! i love her dark hair! i can't wait to see her! i'm so glad things are great for you guys! :)

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

Your baby is sooooooo cute!!! I love your blog!!! I can't wait to come visit and hold her one of these days!!! She's getting so big!!!

Unknown said...

Jill, so cute! i agree with all you said- i told you being a mom is AWESOME. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Jocee Bergeson said...

So cute!! Love the pics and glad to hear a bit about your first month...can't wait to see you all at Christmas and hear more about your time as a mom! :)

The Martins said...

Karlie is darling!! What a sweet little girl! It sounds like you are loving being a mom!

Morgan said...

Oh my flip, she is so pretty, and I love her. I am so glad that you are having fun, and Jill, things will get easier, and hang in with the nursing, it's worth the wait and the work!

Anonymous said...

Jill, she is so cute! I love this post. I love the comment about baby bums...it made me laugh. I can't wait to see her over Christmas!

*Sheigh* said...

I cant get over on how beautiful she is! I never told you CONGRATS!!! She is gorgeous!!!! Being a mommy is the best gift ever! love ya!

Chelsie said...

What a doll! She really is adorable. I love your list Jill, sounds like things are going well!

periwinkle4 said...

Oh my goodness she is sooo adorable! I love that the dr. said she is perfect. I wish we were closer! I love your list too. I do hope you hang in there with nursing - I'm sorry it isn't easy for you but it is so worth it. I'm so glad for you two - Karlie is one lucky girl to have you for parents!

The Turnarounds said...

She really is a doll!! We love having a little cousin to play with.

Alison said...

She is ADORABLE! I bet she is so much fun! I'm so happy for you. Christmas is going to be so fun this year with sweet little Karlie. Happy Holidays!

Michael said...

Jill the baby looks great!!
Speaking of babies... when you read our most recent blog, can you do me a favor and not tell Annie or Jenny? They are coming here this weekend and Sarah wants to tell them in person. Thanks! :)

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/rincian-kekayaan-dan-perjalanan-karir-joe-biden