Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brag on Jared

In November I got a call from our enrichment counselor because they were planning a craft night for the upcoming holdiays. I love doing stuff like this but some may know that I tend to also get way stressed out too, thinking, planning, and just wanting it to be over. So, one of the girls had suggested making Candy Canes because they saw the one that I had, which my mom made for me. So to make a loooong story short they had, I think, 25 girls sign up to make them = 25 candy canes. I was freaking out! Jared was way calm about it all and luckily offered and did all the hard work for them. He is THE MAN! He cut out all the wood, assembled them together, and I vacuumed up all the saw dust :) Thanks to the Turners as well for all their help and the use of their heated garage, and tools...it was kind of a whole family project! Here are a few pictures, it turned out nice for all the girls so that was the enjoyable part. I was just glad when it was over.



3 comments:

The Turnarounds said...

Good job on the candy canes Jared & Jill. Jill as to keeping young girls ocupied, I'll have to think about that one. :)

Jocee Bergeson said...

Way cool J&J. That is so much work I can't believe it. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the candy canes. How fun! And good job to Jared too...